Art & Music, Language Arts
Starter Projects, Moving Scenes
LEDs, Position Servo, and/or Rotation Servo
Medium (3-6 hours)
Students will recreate a two-dimensional scene into a moving three-dimensional art form using LEDs and servos.
Free Teacher Materials
Students will be able to add motion and lights to their chosen scene in a meaningful way.
*See our FULL lesson plan (with sample code) in the free teacher materials above
SUMMARY OF SCHEDULE
SESSION 1 (45-60 minutes)
- Students learn to code LEDs and servos with the Hummingbird Robotics Kit
- Teacher explains project and students choose scene to build.
SESSION 2 (45-60 minutes)
- Students create a plan for how they will animate their scene.
- Students will begin to build, decorate, and code their physical robot
SESSION 3-4 (60-120 minutes)
- Students will finish building, decorating, and coding their physical robot
SESSION 5 (45-60 minutes)
- Students present their robots and reflect on their process
COMPUTER SCIENCE TEACHERS’ ASSOCIATION (CSTA)
CSTA Standards are split into different grade levels: 3-5, 6-8, and 9-10. Working with the Hummingbird Robotics Kit meets multiple standards across these grade-level delegations.
Visit this page for a more detailed explanation of how working with the Hummingbird Robotics Kit applies to meeting CSTA Standards.