Register to receive free access to all teacher materials.
Have the Finch perform a dance sequence to a song using motors and LEDs.
Free Teacher Materials
BEGINNER: Outputs Only
Required Lessons: Moving & Turning, Controlling Wheels, LEDs, Buzzer & Sound (Extension 1), Using Multiple Finches (Extension 2)
This project is a chance for you to exercise your creativity!
- Choose a piece of music that is at least 20 seconds long (you can use part of a longer piece).
- Use your imagination as you make your Finch dance to the music! Use short moves and turns that match the rhythm of the music.
- Change the beak and tail colors on beat as well.
Extension 1: Have the Finch play along to the music using the Finch buzzer blocks and rest blocks.
Extension 2: Work in a group to make multiple Finch robots dance together to the music of your choice.
Check out this excellent rubric for a Finch dance party by Wendy Steiner of Carlynton High School.
- Students can recreate songs they know, or write new music themselves.
- Write/choreograph a song and dance for yourself and Finch to perform together as partners. Try making matching costumes for Finch (and yourself!).
- Dress up your Finch to match the song you’ve selected.
- Dress your whole Finch crew up in different costumes for a masquerade ball. This would be perfect for Halloween!